And like most bloggers experience eventually, it can be hard to come up with a readable coherent post when you're exhausted and covered in sweat and paint.
All that is not to complain! But to let you know I'm still thinking about you, and I have the greatest intentions, and even posts written in my head with paintbrush still in hand, but by the end of the day, the connection is lost and the call of my bed is louder than the sentences previously composed.
Speaking of my bed, I haven't told you about it lately. (How was that for a transition, eh?) When Mark and I got married, he jokingly, but seriously said that if I got a ring, he got a king.
That declaration got louder and more pronounced as the years went by on our double bed, elbows swung more freely and all the sudden more leg room was needed.
So once the house was purchased, the first thing we did was order our new bed online. A FloBed. Best. home. improvement. choice. ever.
This bed is the coolest bed (and we did extensive research). Here are some of its incredible features.
- It's organic latex, but they also have synthetic latex if you prefer.
- It's customizable. As in you have your choice of two or three layers. And with those two layers, you personally get to choose your favorite two layers, and your sleeping mate gets to choose his two layers. So Mark has extra firm over firm, and I have medium over soft.
- It smells like vanilla ice cream. I realize that's not normally something people are looking for in a mattress, but think of it this way, it DOESN'T smell like plastic or chemically processed.
- It molds to your shape to create the perfect support for your body type, and with adjustable support in the wooden slats underneath, its truly the most customizable you'll get aside from a Sleep Number. I can make the bed firmer under my low back but softer under my head.
- It is devine to sleep on. I've seriously never felt so much comfort in my life. For my birthday we took a weekend away and stayed in a 5 star hotel with supposedly a super nice bed. And we slept horribly. We actually complained to management about it the next morning and they said nobody has ever said that before.
- It doesn't hold heat like a Tempurpedic. I think this is one of the best features, really. Because it molds like a Tempurpedic but it breathes better than a regular cotton mattress.
- It absorbs movement. I have no idea when or if Mark gets up in the middle of the night. And I use to wake up to his every flop and turn.
- And I hinted to this in my first point, but we chose the all organic bed which I'm super pleased about. I'm not yet a granola freak, but I do try to limit my exposure to chemicals when I can. We scored a deal where the upgrade from synthetic to organic was free, so we went with it! And the cotton exterior is organic as well.
We loved it so much that we decided to build custom legs for the bed and save a few pennies buying the legs the website sold. Mark took charge sawed them all the same length and then spray painted them to match my future bedroom theme.
They turned out just like I had hoped and soon I'll show you the after picture. Oh and by the way, the bed has that many legs. Picture two twin beds and six legs on each twin box spring. Its for even distribution of the weight and has some scientific-y stuff behind it. I just like them because they're white.
I don't have a smooth segway into this next update, but the shed is coming along nicely.
Mark's mom and dad visited with us back in late August. In a week's worth of time they put in a new waterline in the front yard and build the skeleton for a shed in the back yard.
Mark has become quite the handy-man! I love seeing him wield power tools. :-)
The view from the shed back toward the house.
And the waterline in a 3 foot trench dug by Mark and a friend. That's backbreaking work I tell you! I tried to help and gave up after an hour!
It's now all covered up and functioning perfectly. We have superb water flow for showers.
And I have one other thing to celebrate! I finally have a STOVE! Yep, I lived two months in my new house without the use of a stove or an oven. Believe me, I nearly went insane. But the house has been updated to gas and I now have a brand new stainless steel gas stove with conventional oven to cook and bake with to my heart's content!
I shall return later this week with updates on my health, thyroid, adrenals, and fitness. Until then, take care, friends!